[TR] Yet Another TR6 Clutch Post

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 21:08:04 MDT 2007

 Hi List:

While there have been many discussions regarding the TR6 clutch I dont recall this particular question being asked.? According to TRF web site:

"Joachim does not recommend using his throw-out bearing with Borg & Beck pressure plates or with any pressure plates having bent or "crooked" end on? spring fingers..."

Of course, I purchased a clutch set-up before being aware of this fact and, you guessed it, it is a Borg & Beck, and it has bent fingers.? What has been the experience of the list regarding this set-up?? Has anyone installed a Gunst bearing with a Borg & Beck pressure plate or another brand with bent fingers.? What was the result?? TRF suggest that LUK clutches are best with the Gunst Bearing.? For those running with the Gunst bearing what do you have installed for other components besides B&B and how is your set-up performing?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)