[TR] Adjusting valves on a TR6

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 09:31:22 MDT 2007

> To adjust the valves on my '74 TR6, I need a way to turn the
> engine over.

I like to put it in gear and push the car backwards.  Of course, that means
I run the valves backwards too, but that's easy enough.  Only takes about 2
feet of floor space; but since I don't have that much with the garage door
closed, I take it out of gear, roll it back forward, put it in 4th again,
and finish the job.  I can usually just push on the body to roll the engine,
but if yours turns harder, push on the top of the tire.

Randall