[TR] Adjusting valves on a TR6

kinderlehrer at comcast.net kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 09:08:24 MDT 2007

From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1 at comcast.net>
> To adjust the valves on my '74 TR6, I need a way to turn the engine over.
> Short of removing the radiator, I don't see a way to get to the front of the
> fan to do this.  Any ideas for another method of getting the motor to go
> around slow enough?

You could jack up one rear wheel, and with the trans in 4th, turn the wheel by hand. Or, if you have the room, push the whole car forward a few inches in 4th gear.  But I think most people just hit the starter for a second (easy on a TR3 with the button on the solenoid, don't know if TR6's have that or not).
Bob