[TR] aux rocker oil feed

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 21 12:09:48 MDT 2007

> I used an external oiler (home made) on my TR3 after I
> discovered the rear
> cam bearing was in upside down blocking all oil flow to the
> head, I didn't want
>  to pull the engine again.

FWIW, that's the same reason I tried the external feed.

Still didn't want to pull the engine even after the oil-induced knock broke
a piston, so I took a long drill bit, coated it with grease and drilled down
through the cam insert !  Crazy idea, definitely NOT recommended ... but it
worked for me !  That short block is still in the car, and was running great
when it was wrecked.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.