[TR] Lucas Beer in Stereo ++ Very True Story

Michael Porter portermd at zianet.com
Mon Aug 20 21:13:19 MDT 2007

fred thomas wrote:

> Have no idea bout Chemistry class, ye see he never made it even to
> grade school, how long have ya been running a still ??? Now I wonder
> if they taught you that the higher the alcohol content the stronger
> the drink and the drinker only drinks half as much, also the higher
> the content the bluer the flame, the bluer the flame the stronger the
> smell  the better the taste, he never taught all of his hand-me-downs
> knowledge or even his cooking skills, just know he could tell by the
> color of the flame what was in the batch, I'm sure chemistry class
> taught many things but I doubt very seriously they have ever had a
> class on "Stills" or how to make a quality "SHINE", nice to know we
> have a monitor on the list, know how you feel now Joe. "FT"

Actually, Fred, you learn all sorts of things in chemistry--including
chemistry lab--about distillation.  And about how to make distillation
work  I even knew a guy in high school (the son of a local judge) who
was able to build an electrically-powered still in his closet... and he
learned it all... in chemistry class.  :)

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....