[TR] Aluminum Oil Pan

jerryvv at adelphia.net jerryvv at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 20 12:57:11 MDT 2007

Carl, Are you refering to the internal windage tray that fits between the pan and the block or as others are indicating the external skid plate that provides some protection for the pan as it does sit about an inch lower than the frame?
The windage tray is important and is used to prevent the oil from flowing up the inside of the block during cornering and perhaps leaving the pick up screen without any oil to pick up for the oil pump. It's important but you can run without it too. I did for several years until I could fabricate a correct windage tray. If on the other hand you are refering to the skid plate then I'd pay attention to the other folks who have written to you.
JVV