[TR] Lucas - Makers Mark in Derby land?

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Sun Aug 19 21:43:35 MDT 2007

Jim Muller wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2007 at 12:20, Glenn A. Merrell wrote:
>

>>> The mint julep was invented for the Kentucky Derby, always run on
>>> the first Saturday in May, after which you may wear white shoes
>>> or clothing.
>>>
>> Does that mean after the Derby, You either wear white shoes OR
>> clothes, clothes are optional?   :>
>>

> I believe he is saying one or the other but not both.  Mind you, he
> says nothing about what one can or can't wear before the Derby.  And
> he implies nothing about what one must wear either before or after.
>
> Dontcha' just love English?
Well Jim, I lived in Lexington KY for three years too in my traveling
consulting days, and had been to one formal and a few informal Derby
parties.  After a couple of gallons of Makers Mark disappears and the
hours grow into the wee morning, there is a new definition to the word
"proper" and southern hospitality.  I'll stop there :>

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)