[TR] Lucas Beer in Stereo ++ Very True Story

FRED E THOMAS frede.thomas2 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 19 19:39:20 MDT 2007

In the very small town outside Mt. Vernon Virginia (Engleside VA), in 1943 two
brothers went into the grocery store and order 500 lbs. sugar and 100 gallon
jars, when the order came in a few days the "revenue boys" were waiting in
hiding, followed the brothes back to the employees entrance to Mt. Vernon and
then waited until dark to climb the brick wall surrounding M.V. and discovered
a "Still" in operation, next day they arrested the brothers and busted up the
"Still", neither one received any jail time, just a warning to stop and stop
now, my "FATHER" continued to work there and retired after 52 years, I spent
many a summer night in Georges belongings. To test good "shine or lighting"
pour a shot on a table top then light it, better burn blue, if it's green
don't drink, it's lead alcohol and very deadly, remember it all very clearly,
never saw bottled liquor with a label on it until almost 20 years old, store
bought never did have much taste or kick to it, smelt a lots better.  "FT"