[TR] 1296 spitfire question

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sat Aug 18 16:42:51 MDT 2007

Marty,
The timing mark is for setting the static timing.  The distributor on those
engines have a vernier adjustor that is used to fine tune the timing.

As I recall each click represents 1 degree of timing.  Preset the vernier in
the middle of its range when you set tie static timing and then use the
proper number of clicks to set the advance you want.

Joe