[TR] Aluminum Oil Pans...No LBC Content

Kentech HomeTech kentech0822 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 18 11:32:18 MDT 2007

Hi Bob,

The real reason for the suction hose you witnessed, is that the boobs at the
Quick Lube don't want to remove the 20 or so torx screws that hold on the
plastic aero panel under the VW engine bay. On my Audi, oil changes are
covered under warranty as long as the warranty was in effect.  But now that
it's expired (the warranty), I do my own. On a new car, I would either take
it to the dealer or do my own. I just don't trust the grease pit monkeys to
do a proper oil service.

PeterK