[TR] Lucas - BEER in S-T-E-R-E-O? (Now Mississippi)

R. Ashford Little II 70tr6 at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 18 10:32:21 MDT 2007

Those were hellish times Joe, and I went through Camille about a block from
the beach.  Had to move upstairs since the first floor flooded.  Katrina did
even more damage to the area than Camille did, and no one thought that was
possible.  But I was also down there five days after Katrina hit, and the
spirit and can-do attitude of folks on the Coast is 180 degrees from what
you saw in New Orleans.  People were working together to help one another
rather than waiting on some government agency to bail them out.

You wouldn't recognize the Coast now.  While I miss the sleepier times, the
introduction of gambling has changed things forever.  All kidding aside, if
you haven't been to the Mississippi Gulf Coast you should visit -  great
food, sports and recreation.

And Keesler AFB is still there and home to the Hurricane Hunters Squadron -
those guys are amazing.

Now back to Triumphs.  It's officially now time to rebuild the bottom end of
my engine.  On my trip a couple of weeks ago I was consuming earl at about
175 miles per quart.  Ouch!

R. Ashford Little II
'70 TR6
6-Pack Membership Secretary