[TR] Lucas - BEER in S-T-E-R-E-O?

R. Ashford Little II 70tr6 at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 18 09:07:03 MDT 2007

OK, I suppose it was only a matter of time before "yuse guys" starting
breaking out the Mississippi jokes.  I'd invite "y'all" to come down and
visit my home state, but then once you found out how wonderful a state it is
then you'd want to stay, and ruin everything.  So please don't come down to
the Coast and enjoy some of the world's best seafood, don't go to Vicksburg
or Natchez or the Delta for a truly magical experience and please, please
don't go to Oxford and decide that Money and other magazine were right to
name it one of the top places in the country to retire, and no matter where
you go in the state you'd probably be turned off by true Southern
hospitality.

A couple of years ago an Oxford native was walking around the square and
struck up a conversation with a nice gentleman (we still do that down South)
and she asked what brought him to Oxford.  He replied that he was from the
Napa Valley, but was thinking of moving to Oxford.  She was later quoted as
saying that that's when she knew Oxford was in trouble.

As to the IQ issue, I think you might want to check this out:

http://ralittle2.com/YesWeCanRead5Col.pdf

Now that I've said my peace on Mississippi I might as well chime in on the
beer front.  Newcastle is my beer of choice.  It simply creamy delicious!
But I do think you are overlooking one good thing about the Bud-type beers
of the world.  I refer to them as "fishing beers." What's that?  Well, when
I'm out at the islands doing some trout fishing (you don't want to do that
either) and it's 95 degrees in the shade, I really don't want to be sipping
on a Guinness or Newcastle.  That's when fishing beer comes into the
picture.  You can down a Coors light or similar and it's cold and refreshing
even if it doesn't really have any taste.

R. Ashford Little II
'70 TR6
6-Pack Membership Secretary
Ex-Pat Mississippian currently marooned in Atlanta