[TR] Brake switch removal

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 17:22:22 MDT 2007

> Is it possible to remove and replace the hydraulic brake
> switch located at
> the five way connector on a TR3 with out having to bleed the
> brake system? I
> was told that if you do not press the brake pedal and quickly
> swap them it
> can be done with out having to bleed the system.

What I did was to block the brake pedal down slightly (enough to close the
valve in the MC) before taking the switch out.  That helped keep the fluid
from running out while I was fumbling with the switch, and also seemed to
help keep air from getting in.

I did get a small amount of air in the system, but not enough to prevent
normal braking, just a bit of soft pedal.  And it worked it's way out over a
few days driving.

Of course I use DOT 5 which is supposed to give you terrible problems with
bleeding brakes, so YMMV <G>

Randall
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.