[TR] Speaking of Lucas and lighting...(tinting glass)

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Fri Aug 17 07:22:25 MDT 2007

Does anybody have a good way of tinting or coloring the inside of a glass
front parking lamp lens to an amber color?  I have tried using an amber
1157 (small) type bulb with no luck.  The bulb has to be the small one inch
ROUND not oblong (hot air balloon) type or it wont fit.   The coating on
them (or the ones that I have) eventually just burns off and you are left
with a white or slightly yellowish bulb -
I have also tried using LED bulbs but A, they are not as bright no matter
how many LEDs they contain ( trust me, I have tried a bunch and still have
them laying around in my bulb drawer), I can barely see the park lamp
illumination in the daytime  and B,  the ELECTRONIC flasher, the one
that is supposed to work no matter what bulb type you have, does not flash
when I use an LED lamp  -
So - I am looking to tint or color the inside amber so I can just use a
standard 1157 type bulb
And no, I cant just get a colored glass for this unit or I would have
already :-)

Open to suggestions

Barry Schwartz
La Mesa, CA