[TR] [Spits] GT6 Bump Steer

Nolan foxtrapper at aceweb.com
Wed Aug 15 04:02:19 MDT 2007

And to quote Carter quoting Rick Cline "after all that work, I couldn't tell
the difference on the racetrack ...".
It's there, like it is in virtually every car.  And like virtually every
car, it's not a big issue.  Even 4x4 pickup trucks, which tend to have
remarkably horrible bump steer.

It's caused by suspension motion.  So the easy and very effective band-aid
is to limit suspension motion.  Most easily done with stiff springs.  Not
that these cars had a lot of suspension travel anyways.

There's nothing unique about the GT6 front suspension compared to the
Spitfire.  So beware of an article that says something about it being a  GT6
problem, but not a Spitfire problem.