[TR] White smoke out the tail pipe

tab boggiano at charter.net
Tue Aug 14 18:15:41 MDT 2007

TR List
My TR4 seems to have developed a large whiteish plume of smoke from the tail
pipe, most evident on acceleration but it seems like it is always there.
Oil pressure is fine 70 at speed 40-50 at idle when warm. Oil looks clean when
I changed it tonight. Compression is fine at each of the cylinders
It does seem to be "loosing" cooling antifreeze but there is no leak or puddle

Other than the smoke which concerns me as something new it seems to be running
acceptably.

So before I go more in-depth where should I start looking there is still
plenty of driving time this season which I would hate to loose but dont want
to damage anything too badly

Thanks
Tom