[TR] TR3A Hydraulic lines to brake reservoir?

Steve Ball banjonut at verizon.net
Mon Aug 13 22:36:28 MDT 2007

OK everybody....on a TR3A, what's the trick to bending the short brake lines
that run from the master cylinders to the fluid reservoir?   I got new lines
from Moss (1/4" stuff), but they're so stiff I can't bend them without getting
a horrible looking line full of kinks and dents.  I have tried 3 different
bending tools and a lot of patience, wore my fingers out, and I still had no
luck....there are some tight bends in those lines.  Is there better
material...something that's a little softer and easier to bend?  Or maybe
somebody has a "secret method" to bend these things without collapsing them?
Fill 'em with sand first?

If you respond, please cc my home email too because I get the list as a
digest.
Thanks,

Steve Ball
Lompoc Ca