[TR] Cosmichrome was Re: Monster Chrome

Doug Mitchell dmitchel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 13 12:18:47 MDT 2007

Although I haven't heard of Monster Chrome, I am
very familiar with Cosmichrome. For better info
on the technology, check out
http://www.goldtouchinc.com.

It is indeed a spray-on finish, and I have seen
parts to which it has been applied. Full vehicles
have been shown at SEMA, and they sprayed a car
for Pimp My Ride. It was also applied to some
fabric used in the Victoria's Secret fashion show
on TV last fall. There is a link to some scenes
at the Gold Touch website.

I don't know how it holds up in daily use, but
the parts that Gold Touch displays at RAPID
each year seem to have held up pretty well. The
finish can be tinted so you could have your
windscreen frame match your car. ;)

Doug
--
Doug Mitchell