[TR] Monster chrome

THOMAS NON-PUB TAYLOR kenmorett at msn.com
Fri Aug 10 12:21:56 MDT 2007

Has anybody ever heard of Monster chrome?  There are currently on ebay a pair
of tail light housings that have been refinished with a process called Monster
chrome (Cosmichrome sprat plating system) and the seller claims that the cost
is about 1/3 that of electroplating.  My question is if this process is any
good and does it hold up as well as regular chrome.  The pictures on the ad
make the parts look like new.  Before I take a chance on buying them I'd like
to know more about them and would appreciate any feedback.

                                                                  Tom Taylor
61 TR4