[TR] Triumph makes a come back in advertising

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Tue Aug 7 13:43:12 MDT 2007

TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
> Not from me.  I just looked at the outfits and wistfully thought it
> would be nice to be young and skinny again.  As a woman ages she becomes
> invisible.  You know you are past "it" when the guys look at your car
> and not you.
>
> sigh

Or TeriAnn,
it is like when the 20 something girls come swooning over my car until
they see the graying mustached pot bellied driver, then say something
like "Hey Mister, love the car ... get out of it!!!".   I just smile,
chuckle and mutter under my breath "your time will come"   chuckle,
chuckle as I speed off.   The envy is theirs.

Nope, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a "mature" woman's charms,
shape OR experience!  WoooHAAAAaaah!!  You do not see skinny scantily
clad chickies in Michael Angelo's paintings do you?
Just remember that in all those original publicity photos of Triumphs
and manufacturer car shows in the 60's -70's, well, that was us!  We
created the look, the following generations just copy what we pioneered.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)