[TR] Paint Code for Primrose

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 7 10:59:51 MDT 2007

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 12:54 pm, Mike Graham wrote:
> I'm in the midst of a restoring a 56 TR3 and although its still some
> time from getting to the paint stage, I'm thinking that I'd like to
> go with Primrose with a black interior. Does anyone have the paint
> code(s) for this colour that I can take to the paint shop when the
> time arrives?
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Cheers, Mike

Mike,

When I painted my 58, I could not locate a supplier for the old code.

However a local PPG outlet was able to come up with something very similar in
the PPG DCC blend.

It is called midnight yellow and it originates from a Mazda. Not sure what
year.

I still have the mix formula if you would like.

I could also supply you with a photo of the car.

I really like the color! It is a true pale yellow.

Bob