[TR] TR3A Intermittent overdrive

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 6 16:10:02 MDT 2007

> I was going to try adjusting the arm the solenoid acts on it
> slightly up or
> down but as its such a pain to do I was
> hoping for something that would increase my odds from 50/50
> on weather I
> should adjust up or down?   Any votes?

A few days ago Randall suggested the answer  could be found in
http://www.vintagetriumphregister.org/maintain/TransRebuild/OverDriveA02.pdf.

As usual Randall is absolutely right. I adjusted the lever using the Haynes
rcommendation with the 3/16" lock piece and as it said in the VTR write up
my O/D did'nt work.So to plan B in the write up.However it occurred to me
that not everyone will have a dial gauge (including me) to measure the "up"
movement of the ball.
So I used a drill bit of the diameter to fit the top plug hole with marker
pen ink and marked the "down" position of the ball on the drill. Then on
energising the solenoid and playing with the pinch bolt I was able to get
the .030" to .040" lift and confirm it by marking the "up" position of the
ball. You can measure the distance between the two marks with feelers.
And praise be my O/D works again!

YMMV of course,

David Briste1967 TR4A.

--
It has removed 4849 spam emails to date.