[TR] cage nuts no more!

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 5 15:23:41 MDT 2007

On Sunday 05 August 2007 04:33 pm, DLylis at aol.com wrote:
> In places where it is difficult/impossible to reach the back side and the
> bolt had to be cut, what is the conventional wisdom in reattaching the rear
> wing?
>
> David  Lylis
> 69 TR6 CC26160L
> 60 TR3A TS74461LO

Dave,

I dont know if this will work for you but I replaced the 3 lower rear caged
nuts that are hidden by removing that panel, removing the nuts and cutting
slots so I could install the speed nuts that are used on a TR4. I re-welded
the panel and the rear fender is now secured similar to a TR4. I have had to
remove the fenders a few times and those 3 bolts just come out as easy as
pie.

Bob