[TR] One approach to discretely installing loudspeakers in a TR

Brian Jones banc8004 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 04:55:04 MDT 2007

A few folks let me know that they had trouble downloading the rather
large Word doc that I posted on this installation.
Apologies to them. I have now uploaded the file as a .pdf at the same
link. It is 1/10th of the size now, at just under 3MB.

http://idisk.mac.com/brianjone5-Public?view=web

It was good to hear that a few listers are going to give it a go for
their TRs.

Let me know if I can help with any advice. The carpentry is simple, but
the 'upholstery' was new territory for me.

Cheers,

Brian in Valley Forge
1963 TR4

  On occasion, I want to be able to listen to some decent music while
I'm pootling around in my TR4. I've tried various combinations of
speakers in plastic speaker cases, designed for surface-mounting in
cars that I placed behind the seats; small wooden (chipboard)
speaker boxes on the 'diff' shelf; and speakers mounted under the dash.
Nothing has proven satisfactory and all were totally inadequate
above even modest speeds. I noticed at the VTR convention that many TR
drivers are struggling with similarly unsatisfactory
approaches.

I wanted something better.  I wanted something that met these criteria:

	 	to maintain the integrity of the vehicle
	 	to conceal the speaker installation
	 	to produce acceptable fidelity
	 	to permit easy removal from the vehicle