[TR] can you tell a rotor?

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 17:56:43 MDT 2007

Hi Listers,
Bought two TR distributor ROTORS from 2 suppliers recently.
These two rotors look identical except one came in a green Lucas box and one
came in a blue OEM box 'Original Engine Management' was in the fine print..
not 'Original Equipment Manufacturer'!
They look fine and I'd say identical, except one has the rivet about 20 thou
deeper into the plastic. This wouldn't bother me unless I had heard mention of
some mysterious rotor failures blamed on too deep of rivetings shorting out
to the distributor cam.
Any more info on this?
Was the real rotor problem, or manufacturer ever identified?
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74