[TR] One approach to intsalling loudspeakers in a TR

Brian Jones brianjone5 at mac.com
Wed Aug 1 19:04:35 MDT 2007

On occasion, I want to be able to listen to some decent music while
I'm pootling around in my TR4. I've tried various combinations of
speakers in plastic speaker cases, designed for surface-mounting in
cars but I placed behind the seats, to small wooden (chipboard)
speaker boxes on the 'diff' shelf, and speakers mounted under the
dash. Nothing proved satisfactory and all were totally inadequate
above even modest speeds. I noticed at the VTR convention that many
TR drivers are struggling with similarly unsatisfactory approaches.

I wanted something better.  I wanted something that met these criteria:

to maintain the integrity of the vehicle
to conceal the speaker installation
to produce acceptable fidelity
to permit easy removal from the vehicle
I have uploaded a file describing my solution (as a .doc, and as an
HTML page), if anyone who would like to roll along to a bit of
Coltraine or Ella. It should give you some ideas in finding your own
solution.

http://idisk.mac.com/brianjone5-Public?view=web

Select the .doc or the HTML file and then click the download arrow on
the right side of the window.

Cheers,

Brian in Valley Forge
TR4 1963