<div dir="ltr"><div>Original Girling kits are probably much better quality than new chinese kits.</div><div><br></div><div>I have been using my old kits, seem to still be fine.</div><div><br></div><div>In fact, In rebuilding my servo lately, I couldn't find a good lubricant for the vacuum piston.</div><div>Silicon everything still seemed to keep it hanging.</div><div>I found an old packet of lubricant from an old kit. It had seemed to turn into oil whereas I</div><div>remember it as a grey grease... BUT, it worked great.</div><div>If you trash yours, send them to me!</div><div>Gary Winblad</div><div><br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 8:42 AM Stu <<a href="mailto:sabre2tgr@gmail.com">sabre2tgr@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-size:small">Continuing to dig through my boxes of spares, many of which came from a fellow Tiger owner, years back. i came across several brake rebuild kits, etc., which could date back 25 or more years. I found one receipt from 2004. These are still in the box and appear unused. The rubber doesn't feel that bad, but my gut says I should trash them, that despite looking good, they will have aged out like our tires. Am I right?</div></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net" target="_blank">tigers@autox.team.net</a><br>
<br>
Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/winbladgary@gmail.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/winbladgary@gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>