<html class="apple-mail-supports-explicit-dark-mode"><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto">The JAL tags were attached at Pressed Steel and the cars were painted after that . Vins were attached at Jensen during assembly so unpainted. I’ve never seen a tag with those type of numbering but might have another use but no idea where it was originally attached to<div><br></div><div>Jim</div><div>B382000446 LRXFE<br id="lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature"><div dir="ltr">Sent from my ShoePhone<div><br></div></div><div dir="ltr"><br><blockquote type="cite">On Sep 13, 2026, at 7:27 PM, Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr">

  
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  
  
    <p>My understanding is that the JAL numbers on Tigers were from
      Jensen needing an ID tag for the cars when they modified them. The
      Rootes tags went on later. So, my GUESS is that the tag is
      possibly from another Jensen assembled car (based on the shape and
      size).</p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/13/2026 5:52 PM, Stu wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:CA+DpG66oCB3YhBLKKmwJiQKnL4v+B-nuZo10aj72dzhMFdhESw@mail.gmail.com">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-size:small"><div><20260913_204602.jpg></div><br>
          I should have sent this with the first message.  Here's the
          mystery tag next to my JAL tag.  Like I said, I found it in
          the bottom  of a box I got from a former tiger owner over a
          decade back.</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net">tigers@autox.team.net</a>

Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net</a>


</pre>
    </blockquote>
  
<span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span></span><br><span>tigers@autox.team.net</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html</span><br><span>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive</span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jim@island.net</span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></div></body></html>