[Tigers] Mk II exhaust manifold

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sun Jul 7 14:32:04 MDT 2024

Here is a picture of a MK II Rt exhaust manifold from Joe Chiappetta via
Bill Harris.

All the numbers are the same as the MK I manifold so Rootes only updated
their part number for the 289 engines.

If there are any differences between the Mk I and MK II manifolds, we would
need to see the MK II drawing - 1236160.

If anyone has an original MK II manifold with different markings, please
send a good picture.

This has been an interesting venture into the origins of Tiger parts.    All
it takes is curiosity and a desire to dig deeper.

We proceeded from BARCAST to DARCAST Foundry and the production of this
exhaust manifold in the UK.   There are still some unanswered questions
regarding this part but the main story is clear now.

Thanks to Bill Waite and all who contributed.

Ron Fraser