[Tigers] Non Astronomy Question

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Fri Mar 3 11:04:28 MST 2023

I have an od issue with our Lincoln Towncar, a 2009 version. My son has a
home in Las Vegas and we visit occasionally. Last two times we have
experienced a failure of both of our remote key fobs We arrive and when we
go to lock the car out front at the curb , neither will function! Has
happened twice now.  We took the fob apart and cleaned it with a Q tp and
alcohol and saw nothing amiss and put it back together. When we get ready to
leave and return home to Pahrump, we use the actual key to unlock because it
still wouldn't work, then start and drive away. No issues driving the 60
miles or so to our place, but, and this is the interesting point, both key
fobs now work normally: the door locks work just fine with the fobs, the
trunk opens and closes with the fobs.  And I had changed the CR2032
batteries not long ago. They both checked at full voltage.

Puzzled, I am. Any of you ever had such an issue?  And if so, the fix was?
Even if you have never had the problem, got any ideas as to the cause?

Thanks in advance and please excuse my use to the forum for this.

Larry

Pahrump