[Tigers] Tops Galore (Ron Frazier)

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Tue May 24 06:27:32 MDT 2022

Jon

Years ago, 40 + now, the Robbins convertible top was cut wrong.   Rick and Tiger Tom got them to make the Sunbeam top correctly.

The drip rail fabric did not extend to the windshield, it stopped before the wing glass.

The flap on the body at the B post was short and sewn in the wrong position, too high to snap to the body.

There may have been some other problems that Rick and Tom asked Robbins to correct.

I don’t have any picture of that early top but someone on the list may.

I found this picture on the web an it looks like it may be the not correct top.

The drip rail does not extend to the windshield and the flap at the B post is too high, it can never snap down to the body.

Ron Fraser