[Tigers] How much to spend on a conversion

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Jun 23 20:57:12 MDT 2022

The old school bonnet straps clash with the modern valve covers/air
cleaner in a disassociated way.  The 327 engine was early 60's and 5
years after the original build. It may be close to the time period but
one would think the aluminum LS engines are a better fit weight and
power wise. The dual carbs are surely over kill. Is that one of those
gen-alt-nators? Or is it just a generator? Again it clashes with the
modern engine coverings.

The write up implies the period correct engine compartment??? /"The
engine compartment is a visual delight of performance blended
with*correct factory finishes* and excellent polished features. The
engine compartment and firewall have been equally finished to a very
high level, *correctly painted, and in keeping with the exterior
presentation.*"/What? The engine dressings need to be more in keeping
with the period of the car and a $700,000 price drop would seem
appropriate. I'd rather have my "beater" Tiger than having to explain
why I bought this - especially at the asking price. I think the selling
agent web link say it all "Fantasy Junction."