[Tigers] 289 Engine

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Thu Apr 7 16:21:17 MDT 2022

This is one of the reasons I started the Original Tiger Engine Study.

There are only a few ways to tell the difference between an Original Tiger Engine and a Standard Ford Engine.

Unfortunately, the Ford ID tags that identify a Tiger engine can be removed and tossed.

There have been around 45 requests for the ONLINE Tiger Engine Survey with 13 responses.

The more responses the better the data base becomes.

 <https://teae.org/tiger-engine-study/> Tiger Engine Study - TigersEast AlpinesEast (teae.org)

Not long ago a Tiger owner contacted me about a spare 260 engine he was about to sell.   Turns out that spare engine was most likely the original Tiger Engine.   This is one of the purposes of the Tiger Engine Study.

With enough engine details I should be able to tell if that Mk II engine is an Original Tiger Engine.

Ron Fraser