[Tigers] under the battery wood

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Mon Sep 27 12:16:59 MDT 2021

I got curious today and dug deeper, under the battery tray.

I found 2 paint filled holes 9 ½” apart      hole diameter = .107”

I also took a closer look at my side wood piece – looks like I made that
part and it looks like a polyurethane coating.

The fasteners I got wrong here – I had #6 x ¾”  Stainless pan head screws

I bought some SS #6 x ¾” flat countersunk head screws to replace them.

I’ll recap this subject:

Side wood

There is a drawing for the side wood available #2231040.

Dimensions – 10.437” x .875” x .437”

Material – Hard wood – Beech

Finish Symbol – 57 – I found information stating that Finish 57 is wood
preservative to resist rot and termites

Bottom wood

I found evidence on my trunk floor that there could be a wood piece under
the battery tray but no confirming documentation yet.

Dimensions – I’ll take a WAG at them      11.5” x 2” x .437”
WAG = Wild Ass Guess

Fastener holes – same as in drawing - #2231040

Material – Hard wood = Beech

Finish symbol – 57

Fasteners – there is no confirming documentation yet for either wood piece

Ron Fraser