[Tigers] Some Help Needed with Original Items and configuration

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Wed Sep 22 07:49:38 MDT 2021

I see good responses and pictures to Jim's questions.   I learned many new things with this thread; thanks to all for responding.

Jim and I responded privately about the oil filter hoses so I'm posting pictures of what I believe is an original oil filter hose from my Tiger.   The hose fitting and the ink stamp.  The ink stamp is mostly off white in color with touches of red or pink.

I thought there was someone on this List who was making correct oil filter hoses or am I wrong again.

Also when I was using the oil filter original parts - I painted the engine block adaptor black - this adaptor is cast steel or iron so I painted it.   Is black the correct original color?

More questions:

Somewhere, I believe I saw an article about the Battery Wood Spacer - somewhere is the big question.  It would be very nice to know these answers, these parts are not listed in the Parts List as far as I know.    Pictures, dimensions, type of wood
There is also the Battery Manifold Breather Tube c/w 6 plugs.

Fastener descriptions can mostly be looked up in the  Alpine Parts List, Section ZY, you need all the Alpine Parts List issues for complete coverage.
Generally, there is a good description of fasteners in the Tiger Parts Lists with each part.

Ron Fraser