[Tigers] FYI: Is JEGS overcharging taxes?

jimdamelio jimdamelio at verizon.net
Sat Sep 4 18:07:50 MDT 2021

I have made several purchases from JEGS in the last couple of months.  I live in Virginia which has different tax rates ranging from 5.3 to 7%.  My area is 6%.  My parts came to $42.44 not including shipping.  I was charged $2.55 in tax.  That is 6%. My only problem with them is they list stuff and don't have it or it's been discontinued by the manufacturer. Jim DSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Daniel Eiland via Tigers <tigers at autox.team.net> Date: 9/4/21  7:34 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Tiger List <tigers at autox.team.net> Subject: [Tigers] FYI: Is JEGS overcharging taxes? FYI, I went to JEGS website to order some parts and noticed a problem with the tax calculation on the bill. When I looked into it further I realized they had added an extra dollar to the state tax. I went on their chat line but they were no help They referred me to their tax site where I could post my issue but that is it. You have to be careful because they just increased the tax due without saying they were collecting more than what the state tax really is if you calculate it out yourself. The person on their chat site said he couldn't correct the issue and only left me the option of contacting their email site to their tax office. I imagine the company is collecting millions of dollars under the premise of taxes when it is not. Not sure who to report this practice too. Needless-to-say I did not purchase the parts. Anyone else noticed this practice before?Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android