[Tigers] Brake Issue

Joe Brown jbbrown1980 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 14:38:22 MDT 2021

Hey,

I'm scratching my head over an issue I'm having with my brakes.  This
actually started last year and I'm just now trying to sort it out.

Basically, after pumping the brake pedal a few times the front brakes lock
up (only the fronts).  If I crack open either bleed screw they free up.  In
fact, cracking open the line anywhere going back to the master cylinder
frees up the brakes.

I have bypassed the booster, replaced all of the rubber lines and rebuilt
the calipers.  This seems to leave the master cylinder.  I disconnected the
brake line from the master cylinder and put a short line on it that feeds
back into the master cylinder reservoir so I could bleed any air out of
it.  That all seems to work okay.

So, I'm looking for other ideas.

Thanks,
Joe Brown