[Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 12

deiland1 deiland1 at att.net
Thu Jan 28 14:29:12 MST 2021

I've seen some cars where the owners used clear silicone to keep the center caps in place. On another subject.I recall, when I had my Tiger, that when I was restoring it I came across the letters CSI molded into the backside of my Minilite style wheels. Someone on the list suggested it meant Carroll Shelby Industries. This made sense because the center caps all had the Shelby logo on them. I contacted the Shelby factory in Las Vegas where they put someone on the phone that confirmed they were a very rare set of wheels from a wheel company Carroll Shelby started and then decided to sell. I believe he said they were sold by Western Auto stores. I don't recall him mentioning who bought the company, but only the wheels produced under Shelby ownership would have had the CSI on them. Once Shelby sold the company the CSI letters were no longer used. If you have a set of Minilite style wheels that you think came from Western Auto back in the 1960's you might clean them up and check the back of the rims to see if the letters CSI are molded into the rim. It may be you too have a rare set of wheels made by Carroll Shelby Industries. Dan Eiland Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.
-------- Original message --------From: Bill Lawrence <billlawrence at hotmail.com> Date: 1/28/21  8:47 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: tigers at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 12

Hey Tigers,

I also have the Western Minilites on my 65 Tiger.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep the center caps in place?

Cheers!
Bill Lawrence
B9473246LRX