[Tigers] fuel milage

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Fri Dec 17 20:42:29 MST 2021

Found  the post.  https://www.catmbr.org/cat-forum/threads/toploader.4170/  He used the 2.90 1st gear and then used 2.72 rear gears. So, yes, he did get the effect of an overdrive without  the final Toploader ratio changing from 1 to 1. Jeep used a Toploader in 1980-86 that had a 3.00 1st gear and rather even spacing. It is known as the T-178. Looked long and hard for one of those and never found it. I believe it was used in the larger pick up they had at the time. Likely not strong enough for a built engine but for a stock to mild engine it accomplished what Malibu Review did and you got an aluminum case too.