[Tigers] clocks

jimdamelio jimdamelio at verizon.net
Tue May 12 15:43:07 MDT 2020

Clyde, what you wrote is very true.  Rootes used what was available from their suppliers.  There weren't many factory installed options.  White walls, sunvisors, hardtop etc.  Most all of the factory options could be dealer installed.  So everyone was dependent on what was supplied to them.  The clock thread began because some of us don't believe that a 3030/00 exists.  I believe it was a typo in an article and people have run with it.  Even gone so far as reproducing the clock face with those numbers.  My thought are it should be 3131/00 for early Tigers and 3131/01 for later one.  I would like to see a picture of a clapped out 3030/00.Jim DSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <tigers at autox.team.net> Date: 5/12/20  4:35 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: tigers at autox.team.net Subject: [Tigers] clocks
I have watched all this clock talk for over a week now, I maybe missing something but my understanding was that the clock was a dealer installed accessory, not installed at the factory, am I right or wrong??  That being said, if the clocks were in fact dealer installed then couldn't you have an early clock installed in a late car depending on the dealers stock, or when stock was ordered from Rootes warehouse who's to say if it was always shipped out on in the order of production or receipt from supplier. I don't know which clock I have because I'm presently not where my car is to ck it out, I do know it has been converted to quarts and keeps perfect time, Clyde