[Tigers] Lots of scams in car world going on

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:04:03 MDT 2020

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share that in the last two weeks, I've had some completely
illegitimate emails from car related websites I'm members on.  They are
almost the exact same email.  They claim to be looking at my profile and
something caught their attention - and they want me to contact them on
their personal email to discuss it.  But, of course, no details.

The worst part is that the first one was clearly from a car website I'm a
member on.  The second one, which used pretty much the same language, and
purported to come from a different website, was from a car website that I
am not a member on.  I just checked.  The links on the first one definitely
went to the indicated website.  The links on the second one were to some
unknown site.

Be super super careful out there!

Jay