[Tigers] Distributor -> Oil Pump Shaft

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Thu Aug 13 11:55:47 MDT 2020

Rick

                Installing the distributor is either quick and smooth or a total PITA.

The last time I installed my distributor it was a complete and total pain.

I walked away, calmed myself, cooled off and drank some water.

When I returned, much later, the distributor nearly dropped in, took less than 5 minutes.

Anytime you are installing a distributor you should check all the fitment issues.

Check that the oil pump drive shaft fits the distributor; I had one that did not fit the distributor correctly – I had to polish the drive shaft some so it would fit the distributor.

Right now you have questions and doubts about the system so you have to go to basics –  disassemble and find the clip wherever it is located.

I don’t know the procedure Ford and the Cleveland Foundry used to install the distributor, drive shaft and oil pump but at this point use any process that gets all the parts on the engine installed correctly.

Ron Fraser