[Tigers] Tiger "sparking plug spanner"

Will Seay Tigers at embarqmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:22:46 MDT 2020

Jim,
I don't know of any other car that used this tool.  The socket and plug
handle are made by Britool.  There is a current ebay listing of a tool kit
which contains the Britool handle and socket:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Tiger-tool-kit-jack-handle-Clips/303547930277?hash=item46acddd6a5:g:JpEAAOSwzOleoMRS
 Listing
describes them as Britool spark plug handle - A61 "Britool made in
England"and Britool # ADH 812 "Made in England" socket.  The finish on the
ebay parts is incorrect, being a natural finish rather than the correct
black finish, but I'm sure they could be refinished to look as OEM.  I have
heard that someone made a plastic (!!) repro of the tool.  Maybe someone
knows who did it (CAT, maybe?).

While we're on the subject of tool kits, does anyone know if someone makes
a good repro of the original vinyl pouch for the kit.  I have seen quite a
few repros of the original, most are nicer than the original (not hard to
do - the original was pretty cheesy), but none was a good match
of the original.  A local family of mice managed to munch their way through
mine so I'm looking for a replacement.

Will - 382001570
Tigers at embarqmail.com