[Tigers] Dash Pad replacement

Randall Antosiak randya at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 16 17:38:42 MST 2019

 Hi Stu - I replaced my dash pad, etc..  I replaced my dash board at the same time as the pad, so I'm not sure what you want to do can be done.  If you want to do this (and there is good reason for your plan), you most likely will have to pull your steering wheel and shaft.  The reason is that you want the dash board hanging down, and the presence of the steering shaft will prevent this.
One important thing about replacing the dash pad!  In my experience the pads from Sunbeam Specialties do not fit properly!  The right edge of the pad is about 1/2 inch too long, and needs to be modified to fit properly, preferably before installation.  I never got mine quite right since I didn't notice it until the dash was installed.   I mentioned this to Rick and he totally denied it, but there are several references on line about this problem, so I don't think I am the first.
Good luck with your project.
- Randy