[Tigers] dual circuit master cylinder options?

rick at atmospherebuilders.com rick at atmospherebuilders.com
Tue Apr 16 07:58:29 MDT 2019

HI,

I wondered if any had converted their tiger to a dual circuit brake master
cylinder. If so, which type and year worked well for you. Two issues seem to
be plaguing my attempt to do this. I tried using a 1980 Datsun 280z master
cylinder, This uses a loose rod to actuate it meaning the brake deal must
have a stop  or a custom push rod and modification to the master cylinder to
keep the rod in place when letting off the brake pedal. The second issue is
that I had all custom brake lines made for my conversion to Wilwood disks
all around but 2 attempts to get correct flare/fitting combination at the
new master cylinder have failed. Still have leaks. Not sure if the supplier
has used proper flare and fitting despite the info I provided. Any thoughts
on a better arrangement? Thanks.

Rick