[Tigers] Fan belts?

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Mon Apr 1 18:12:45 MDT 2019

Fan belts next?

Tom

                Fan belts are a big variable with people running different pulleys and different engine combinations.   My best suggestion is to always carry a spare fan belt of the correct length in your car.

Original fan belts

6100024                C2OZ-8620-E   Mk I, LHD                                from Shop Manual – 49.5” x 15/32”

I have a note with this listing – 50.1” x 15/32”      JB501

1229823                Mk I, RHD            This is a Rootes supplied fan belt.  I don’t know what is different about it.

6100853                MK II      from Shop Manual – 47.25” x 15/32”

I converted my Tiger to an alternator and I know I changed the length of the fan belt but I don’t know what length it is.   I’ll have to be sure I have the same size spare fan belt on hand just in case.

Ron