[Tigers] California fires

Gary maliburevue at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 21:42:06 MST 2018

Andy,
Interesting that you should mention the fires in California. I drove to Paradise,California Wednesday of last week and spent the night with a friend and his wife. We awoke the following morning to the smell of smoke. We packed up and left before 10:00 am. Although it was crowded on the way down the main highway, we made it out OK. I spent the next couple of days in Chico due to the masses of evacuees, traffic and road closures. Several days later his adult son was able to get back into Paradise with a buddy from the Highway Patrol. The son's house was untouched, but all his neighbors' houses were gone. My friend and his wife also lost everything. Their entire community was burned to the ground.
Gary