[Tigers] Hemmings article

Taylor, Matthew MTaylor at ea.com
Thu May 31 11:42:04 MDT 2018

In my research, I have found references to more than one Super Tiger, however outside of the two known Larry Reed Tigers, none had Super Tiger badges.  And as there is no information on the second Larry Reed Tiger that was seen recently in the CAT newsletter, who knows if it was a Super Tiger or if they just stuck badges on it.  The other sponsor on that Tiger is Don and Jim’s Performance Center.

If anyone has any information on Don and Jim, it would be much appreciated.

Also, the Super Tiger from the article/pic that Norm sent is the same Tiger as the Gordon Chittenden drag Tiger.

Matthew

Gary,

I would guess his comment about a "limited edition LAT Tiger" would be reference to the proposed "super tigers" than Ian Garrad had looked at doing which basically had a bunch of the LAT options (245 bhp, LSD, traction masters, alloys and hood scoop and the little stack air cleaner) as standard.

These never eventuated as a productoi nbut Ian had one and per the latest CAT newsletter there may have been another.

There was also a road test article of the 245bhp tiger that had the american racing alloys, LAT stripes and LSD+traction bars and that may also be what he eluded too. Ultimately Tigers were just spec'd stock and you ticked the boxes for the options from the list you wanted. There was no "special" model or standard performance version.