[Tigers] WHOSE GOT 'EM ---- C5AE-6015-E

Daniel Eiland deiland1 at att.net
Sun May 13 10:15:26 MDT 2018

Hi Norm,
Using the site: http://www.mustangtek.com/FordDecode.html#BasicPartNumber
The C5 just means 1965.The "A" is just a generic code for full size car.And the "E" just means engine.The C5AE is the application that the part is for, so in this case the part is for a 1965 Fairlane or Mustang with a 289 engine.The 8015 is the basic part number and indicates that this is a radiator or grill.And finally the "E" on the end indicates the part is the 5th generation of this part.
Since you are saying that C5AE-8015-E is the number off a Tiger ll engine block, then it does not follow the normal pattern used by Ford. The 6015 makes more sense, based on the website, since this would be an engine part number. Makes me wonder if Ford used a different casting code for exports. I would be interested to find out what the casting code was on the 289 engines used in other European cars that used 289 engines.
Don't know if this helps but you can use the link to check for yourself.I'm sure there are some Ford aficionados out there that know a lot more than I do about this. Hopefully they will chime in on this subject.

Dan Eiland