[Tigers] Timing

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Sat Nov 4 18:51:36 MDT 2017

Thanks for the pictures Ron.  The second type seems to use not only the
springs, but the cam action on the weights edge as a means of plotting the
advance curve.  The math for the RPM, spring tension, weight... - AND cam
action baffles my brain.  Somewhere I have a Mallory dual point (no vacuum
advance) distributor. Got it in a pile of "free" stuff at a Mopar swapmeet
(No step child parts for him!).  I'll have to check it's advance system out
some time.

Oddly I had a Volvo 544 that got 36 MPG on the highway and it only had a
mechanical advance (no vacuum). Seems to defy the necessity of vacuum
advance with mileage like that.